Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thoughts From Today

When I was a kid sometimes when thinking about the cross and Jesus' sacrifice I would think, "Well I would die a horrible death on a cross so that everyone in the world could go to Heaven too." Immediately I would feel guilty for thinking that, of course, but besides all the obvious flaws in that thought, this is the one that lately has just been amazing me over and over.

Jesus died on the cross so that we could even choose to go to Heaven. He died simply to give us the choice.

He took the world's sin and died so that millions of people could shake their fist in His face, yet never lose their option to turn to Him. 




Also today I was so convicted by the thought that

After Jesus went to enormous lengths to make it ridiculously simply to commune with Him, tearing the veil and ripping down every barrier, how can I complain that I am too busy, or too distracted, or that it's too hard to spend time with Him? 

God, I am so sorry for every time I make excuses to ignore You and fail to make You a priority.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for remembering His death for us and posting this, Heidi. Granny

    ReplyDelete