Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Contentment > Having it all

These are Pinterests I would like to make/have, as well as a long ramble of thoughts:









quote/song lyrics pillow...simple yet creative...
I'm in love with throw pillows like these.


For my sweet grey and yellow bathroom.
My guest bathroom is yellow/gray (a color combo I love and finally just did it), I would like something like this for the wall.











Awesome tub!!! Get Naked. 
 I really want this for my tub







hahaha..
And this for my entrance

Old letters
And I want to make a stack like this, I actually bought some things to try to make it. We'll see if it actually happens.


I could spend all day posting pictures of things I like.

The appearance of my house (apartment) is just like my own appearance, I'm still trying to find the balance of making it look really nice and modern without becoming obsessed with things that really don't matter and without beating myself up and comparing myself to others. Sometimes I have to limit my Pinteresting or fashion/home decor blog browsing, which I don't do much in the first place, because I'm human and I know I can become unhappy with myself and what I have pretty quickly if I'm not careful.

I could pretend that because I am a Christian and love Jesus with my whole heart that I never have problems with jealousy or insecurity or discontent, but that's simply not true, those are things that I struggle with as a woman and have to let Jesus gradually teach me to overcome.

I know that making myself look as good as possible is important, it's important in respecting my husband and in representing Christ. As is using creativity to make my home welcoming and attractive. However, just like with all good things, if I let myself become wrapped up and consumed in those rather than Christ I turn those good things into bad.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh so good girl. So true. Thanks for the reminders! Hugs, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pillows! You should definitely try it. And then blog it--if it works. If not, pretend you didn't :) Cute tub sign and I know I've seen that welcome mat before. Urban Outfitters maybe? Can't wait to see your "stack."
    I love the sign I have in my home that says "Be your own kind of beautiful." Yes, there will always be someone taller, tanner, thinner, leggier, etc. And there will always be an improvement our home "needs" to have. Contentment with who I am where I'm at is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete